Transfer from research and teaching into practice – current projects with students in bachelor and master programs.
Since 2008, I have been teaching in the fields of media, communications, and research methods in bachelor and master programs, especially in the BA Communication and Media Studies, the MA Communication and Media Studies, and the MA Global Mass Communication at the University of Leipzig – also in English.
In addition, I am currently a lecturer at FOM University of applied sciences (Fachhochschule Ökonomie und Management) in the BA Business Psychology. I have given workshops in the doctoral training at the Research Academy of the TU Chemnitz as well. In fall 2018, I will be appointed as lecturer at the BA Saxony – University of Cooperative Education and at the University of applied sciences and arts Hannover.
My teaching is focused on a well balanced combination of research and practice in applied transfer projects that motivate students to engage in an active learning process.
To improve my teaching skills, i am currently taking part at a comprehensive didactic course at the Center for Didactic Skills in Higher Education.
- Introduction scientific working and writing
- Development, design, and history of video games
- Introduction to journalistic work and research
- Introduction to the methods of social science
- Introduction to Data Analysis with SPSS
Empirical Methods of Social Science
- (Online-) Surveying
- Content Analysis
- Thinking Aloud Technique
- Continuous Response Measurements & Physiopsychological Research Techniques
Media Reception and Media Effects Research
- Media effect theories (including dynamic-transactional approach)
- Media usage and media effects
- Effects of video games
- Media and Elections
- Analysis of International Media Sports
- The climate change in the media
- Environmental communication in a global perspective
- Environmental reporting (including genetic engineering, fracking, e-cigarette)
- University policy and committee work
- Funding and funding opportunities for doctoral candidates
Poster exhibition: „Schlaglichter“ 100 Years Institute for Communication and Media Studies (2016)
Survey: Diversity and Discrimination (2016)
USA Excursion: The Media Coverage on Fracking (2014)
Survey: Elections in Germany (2013)
USA Excursion: Media and Elections (2012)
Live Streaming: German International Masters Finswimming (2008, 2010 & 2011)